Sunday, September 29, 2013

Beauty in a thing called Indian Food!



Ok... I know I promised you all positive and uplifting posts. And this is! I promise :). 

I have a question for you...



Have you ever eaten something so divine, you couldn't stop? 


Well I have!


It's called Indian food. Curry, masala, you name it. IT'S DIVINE! And I know where you can get this divine experience. 


Bombay House! The servers and the hosts are so wonderful and they treat you like you are a V.I.P. guest (literally, if you even take a sip from your water cup, it's like you pushed the alarm button and someone comes running back to your table to fill up your cup. It's. Insane.). 


The food is amazing. I'm drooling just thinking about the deliciousness... 



It fills you up so quickly, you know you're going to have leftovers for breakfast ;).


And no, I am not being paid to advertise them. For the love, I just started this blog. Do you think I have sponsors!?


But, before my taste buds enjoyed this heavenly spread of shrimp coconut curry and angel sent garlic na'an bread, I was listening to some amazing people speak. 


Where? Oh, just this little broadcast for a little church called the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Or, the Mormons. LDS folks. Ya know, Joseph Smith and his bunch o' pioneers :).


Yeah, us. We're still around, and going strong. And we like to meet up, now and then to talk about stuff. Religion, God, how we can better ourselves, and how we are freaking awesome! 


It's a great pick-me-upper. I highly recommend watching if you are feeling a little down ;). 


http://www.lds.org/broadcasts/watch/general-relief-society-meeting/2013/09?lang=eng&vid=2703169989001 


Anyways, this little broadcast was for the women of the church. Women, ONLY. It was great! We got to get all cute and dressed up, meet up with a bunch of our other friends and listen to some amazing speakers (and of course, there was dessert afterwards. It's not a Mormon function without food). 



Joking aside:


The messages spoken last night were messages that all need to hear. I won't go into great detail because if you haven't already heard it, you need to hear it for yourself. I can't give you the feeling that was felt there. And I know you'll say that you don't "have time" to read or watch it. For this, you do. 


http://www.lds.org/broadcasts/watch/general-relief-society-meeting/2013/09?lang=eng&vid=2703169989001

You need to hear that you are LOVED. That you are cared for by a man who isn't a man; He is our Father. You need to hear that even if you run away from what you believe, whatever religion you belong to, He will look for you and want you to come back to the fold. You need to know that He has never, and will never leave you alone.


A little deep? You can stop reading now, but I am not even close to finishing.


YOU need to know that being offended is,"ridiculous!" (sorry, I didn't say this, just quoting!) You need to hear that He wants you to be happy. (did I just say happy??) Yes, I did! And I will say it again. You need to hear that HE WANTS YOU TO BE HAPPY!!! Not just temporal happiness, not worldly happiness. But true, eternal happiness. 


You need to remember. Remember to believe. Believe in Him and everything will work out according to His plan. His plan doesn't always follow your plan, but His plan will never fail you. I promise. 



I do not say these things blindly. I believe every single thing I have written down. I know, without a doubt, that He loves you. And so does this man, Thomas Monson. 


"Your Heavenly Father loves you, 
each of you. 
That never changes. 
It is simply there."
-President Thomas S. Monson 



Obviously we loved the Bombay experience and would definitely go again.

And we loved the experience we had last night as we listened to those great, amazing speakers giving us some great tips to survive life.

My plate of shrimp coconut curry wasn't the only thing that filled me up last night. And if you want to know just what I am talking about, click here to find out:



Because this, is a beautiful thing :). 












No comments:

Post a Comment